F*** that reminds me… I haven’t posted a picture for the agency yet. They want to track my travels by having me post, @ and # at each casting during the lead up to NYFW… #cantbef’d…
But I should. It’s the least I could do after all their work getting me this VISA. I swear to god that travelling as a model these days feels as if I am constantly a suspect for international crime. I can’t help but feel I’ll be instantly deported on arrival due to the hoops they make you jump through during the application process. And unfortunately in my case, it’s not a rare occasion when I tick the wrong box.
- Are you Male or Female? I’m a chickybabeeee… MALE. Wrong.
- Do you have wood or food items to declare? Unless gum counts, I don’t think so. YES. Wrong again. Why do they insist people use pens!
- Do you have more than 10000USD on you? Ha! Yeah I wish!! YES. .no you don’t! New form please!
- Are you carrying any animal parts with you? Ew No!!!! YES. F***
- Have you been in South Africa over the past 6days? Just shopping in Singapore! YES. Wtf! The answer is NO! Back of the line dumbass.
But even so, a NYC legal team, 14 reference letters & a million tear sheets seems a little over the top for a 21 year old girl who spends her time writing a blog about the best cupcakes in Melbourne & posing for Target catalogues for a living. I am hardly a threat to this city!